North Highlands CA 95660
To secure the position of Hotel Reservations Agent that will allow me to utilize acquired skills and experience.
Hotel Reservations Agent, May 2004 – Present
The Charles Hotel, Lansing, KS
- Responded to telephone inquiries and reservation requests by explaining product and service options.
- Received and compiled needed information from customer.
- Provided appropriate and accurate hotel information by accessing data.
- Succeeded in capturing customer’s attention to promote the hotel and its services.
- Negotiated rates and sells rooms maximizing revenues.
- Computed and recorded all special room requests and alerted front desk staff of special requests in order to ensure department follow-through and guest’s satisfaction.
Hotel Reservations Agent, March 2002– April 2004
The Garden City Hotel, Lansing, KS
- Campaigned to keep up-to-date on all local and hotel functions and services.
- Provided assistance and information to all telephone inquiries.
- Assisted with front desk clerk duties as required.
- Computed tour reservations from the sales department utilizing hotel facility.
- Provided assistance to other hotel staff.
- Maintained a pleasant and courteous professional behavior all the time.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience in front office and reservations
- Sound knowledge of general hotel practices, billing and credit card procedures
- Proficient with Outlook, Excel spreadsheets, Word documents and multi-line phone systems
- Familiarity with Calypso booking system and Amadeus CRS system
- Ability to maintain reservation system
- Proven ability to communicate verbally and to follow written and verbal instruction
- Ability to be uncomplaining when handling more than one call at a time
- Friendly, enthusiastic and ability to work under pressure
Associate Degree in Public Relations, Paradise Valley Community College, Phoenix, AZ