North Highlands CA 95660
Seeking employment as an Infection Control Nurse with an expanding doctor’s office that wants vigorous and hard working staff that enables them to meet their goals.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Outstanding knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span
- Excellent knowledge of infection control measures
- Solid understanding of principles of asepsis, disinfection and sterilization, isolation and general infection control practices
- Effective leadership and communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to interact with healthcare personnel and professionals at all levels
- Abilityto maintain a high level of confidentiality
Infection Control Nurse, August 2005 – Present
Banner Health Page Hospital, Brattleboro, VT
- Maintained compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Monitored facility for safety and cleanliness through monthly rounds with the safety officer and risk manager.
- Provided monthly and quarterly infection control reports.
- Planned and implemented educational programs pertaining to infection prevention and control for hospital staff.
- Collaborated with the Human Resource Department and Occupational Health to ensure employee health issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Participated in organizing and providing influenza immunizations on an a.
Infection Control Nurse, May 2000 – July 2005
La Porte Regional Health System, Brattleboro, VT
- Collected, reported and managed data on communicable diseases.
- Conducted surveillance of infections, both community acquired and nosocomial.
- Monitored compliance with state and local regulations, OSHA and JCAHO standards.
- Reported and communicated findings to the Operations Manager.
- Developed infection control procedures and evaluated outcome.
- Assessed infectious conditions with patients, staff and the environment, and implemented appropriate control measures.
- Established priorities for interventions according to risk to patient, staff and hospital.
B.S in Health Sciences – Advanced Patient Care, Canada College, Redwood City, CA
216 Park Springs Rd
Columbus, IN 47201
Seeking a responsible role as an Infection control nurse where my skills and knowledge can be enhanced and utilized effectively.
- Extensive experienced in the area of infectious disease.
- Comprehensive knowledge of universal precautions and infection control procedures.
- Proficient in microbiology, epidemiology, antibiotic use and clinical practice.
- Wide knowledge of nursing theory and practice.
- Extended ability to lead staff and influence them.
Infection control nurse, 2004 to till date
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, N.C
- Developed and monitored a process for collecting and analyzing infection control data.
- Assisted the hospital Infection Control Committee in drawing up annual plans and policies for infection control.
- Identified, controlled and prevented the spread of infectious diseases in health care facilities.
- Participated in research projects addressing Infection Control issues as assigned.
- Conducted regular rounds in all hospital departments to discuss, monitor and follow the infection control practice with staff personnel.
Certification Board of Infection Control & Epidemiology, 2004
University of Washington, Seattle, WA
B.S in Nursing, 2003
Yale University, New Haven, CT