North Highlands CA 95660
Experienced Insurance Claims Investigator searching for the opportunity to enhance my skills while making positive contributions to company.
Insurance Claims Investigator, August 2005 – Present
Iowa Department of Administrative Services, Wheeling, IL
- Prepared an investigation report by analyzing written reports, contracts and public records.
- Assisted in the development, maintenance and implementation of accident reporting and complaint handling procedures.
- Conducted extensive field investigations of vehicle accidents involving agency vehicles and other accidents.
- Interviewed drivers, witnesses, investigating officers, tow truck operators and others.
- Analyzed accidents to determine cause and responsible party; checks road condition; condition of vehicles involved.
Insurance Claims Investigator, May 2000 – July 2005
Terrier Claims Service, Wheeling, IL
- Performed full field investigations related to insurance claims, scene investigations, recorded statements.
- Located for multi-lines of insurance, including worker’s compensation and general liability.
- Reviewed and analyzed of litigation file.
- Coordinated medical experts and witnesses for trial.
- Developed and maintained investigative reports.
- Managed case load and worked efficiently in the field.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Vast experience in accident and Insurance claims
- In-depth knowledge of accident investigation procedures, practices and analysis
- Exceptional knowledge of the policies, procedures, practices and laws applicable to the insurance claims investigation
- Familiar with methods of casualty insurance and the auto casualty claims adjustment process
- Extensive knowledge of the legal provisions concerning the collection and admission of evidence in court
- Ability to use investigative methods and techniques to specific situations
- Ability to analyze and record facts clearly and concisely
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications – MS office, Excel and MS Access
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, North Greenville University, Tigerville, SC