North Highlands CA 95660
To secure an Insurance Nurse position with an expanding medical center in which my knowledge will be put to use in the best way possible.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Thorough knowledge of workers’ compensation in varied organizations
- Sound knowledge of Case Management
- Ability to be comfortable in a professional business environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in basic computer skills and Microsoft Office applications
Insurance Nurse, August 2005 – Present
Travelers Insurance, Atlanta, GA
- Prioritized and managed assigned compensation claims.
- Conducted telephonic case management studies.
- Obtained necessary information to make sound medical assessments.
- Managed to negotiate treatment plans in compliance with Labor Code statutes.
- Responded to written and telephonic inquiries in a timely fashion.
- Ensured to utilize the resources appropriately, including external field case managers, vendors, UR/peer review, and medical director.
Insurance Nurse, May 2000 – July 2005
Visiting Nurse Service, Inc, Atlanta, GA
- Administered assigned cases within company and regulatory guidelines.
- Obtained related information necessary to make sound medical decisions.
- Responded aptly with inquiries in a professional demeanor.
- Educated claims staff, employers and other staff on medical guidelines.
- Ensured to complete initial case evaluation by assessing severity.
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Fort Lewis College, Durango, CO