North Highlands CA 95660
Seeking an Intermediate Accountant position in a leading accounting firm.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Strong Knowledge of accounting systems (investments, insurance products, premium and tax)
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel (sorting, filtering, pivot tables) and Peoplesoft and Hyperion Software
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Detail oriented and possess ability to think analytically
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Excellent written, verbal and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Intermediate Accountant, August 2005 – Present
Moody`s Investors Service, Whiting, IN
- Administered daily cash recording, preparing monthly accruals, account analysis, and variance analysis of various operating expenses.
- Performed day to day activities within the General Accounting Group.
- Ensured to record treasury and inter company related cash transactions.
- Coordinated closely with the Treasury Dept; and prepared month end accruals and record related journal entries.
- Administered month end balance sheet account analysis and prepared related reconciliations.
- Provided monthly analysis of accounts.
Intermediate Accountant, May 2000 – July 2005
Moses Cone Health System, Seattle, Whiting, IN
- Maintained and balanced the general ledger; reconciled various accounts and prepared supporting schedules.
- Calculated and posted monthly closing and reversing entries.
- Balanced inter-company accounts; investigated and resolved account discrepancies.
- Administered sales tax policies in accordance with state law.
- Prepared and submitted all sales tax reports and provided information and support to operating departments.
- Provided input for continuous process improvements.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL