North Highlands CA 95660
Seeking an International Accountant position in a leading accounting firm.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- A great deal of experience in reviewing general ledger accounts and foreign currency transactions
- Sound Knowledge of Knowledge of the International financial services industry
- Strong Knowledge of FAR and US grant regulations is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong accounting and organizational skills and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficient with Excel, PeopleSoft, and Hyperion
International Accountant, August 2005 – Present
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, Williford, IN
- Performed compliance reviews of International Expense Reports (ER).
- Updated Access database on a daily basis for ERs.
- Recommended and justified potential write-off for all non-compliance issues into resolutions.
- Performed analytical reviews of international balance sheet accounts.
- Administered bank reconciliations, advances, prepaid accounts and sub-ledger balances.
- Calculated and noted any foreign exchange gains and losses and bank fees.
- Updated Access database on a regular basis.
- Responded to the inquiries concerning audits, reports, analysis and current issues.
International Accountant, May 2000 – July 2005
PrideStaff Financial, Williford, IN
- Provided guidance to local accountants in assigned countries.
- Reviewed and approved the reporting packages.
- Recorded the monthly transactions of assigned countries; reconciled and performed trend analysis for assigned countries.
- Prepared foreign currency conversion sheet to convert local currency into reporting currency.
- Coordinated the official registration with the local commercial trade registers for changes in board members and signing authorities.
- Reconciled inter-company transactions and perform global consolidation.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL