North Highlands CA 95660
Dedicated and hard-working applicant seeking an International Adventure Trip Leader position with reputable company that can benefit from my expertise.
International Adventure Trip Leader, August 2005 – Present
Camp Takajo, Norcross, GA
- Lead groups of students on backpacking and adventure trips in foreign countries.
- Trained tourists in basic outdoor skillsand historical knowledge pertaining to the regions of travel.
- Supervised planning meals, purchasing meals, and preparing meals, evening campfires, and backpacking preparations.
- Mentored high school students and helped in their personal and intellectual development.
- Overseen in-country travel, food, lodging and activities.
- Managed home stays, service projects and budgets.
- Coordinated with local staff, guides and organizations.
- Facilitated the growth, development and safety of program participants.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Ability to perform complex trip planning and flight planning
- Ability to lead small groups of teenagers through remote backcountry
- Ability to read, write and speak a foreign language fluently
- Excellent research, organizational and presentation skills
- Strong management, leadership, initiative and interpersonal skills
Bachelor’s Degree In Recreation Administration, Ferris State University, Big Rapids, MI