North Highlands CA 95660
To obtain a Legal Associate position that fully utilizes my experience and abilities.
Vast experience in drafting and negotiating legal contracts and counseling
In-depth knowledge of principles and methods of legal research and legal terminology
Excellent skills in addressing complex and difficult legal and factual issues
Remarkable skills of drafting contracts and negotiating complex agreements
Proficient in using word processing applications, and database management
Outstanding organizational and analytical skills with detail- and results-oriented approach
Superior oral and written communication skills
Admirable legal interviewing and investigation skills
Ability to persuade collaborate and negotiate effectively with a diverse array of people
Legal Associate, August 2005 to till date
Scott & Daly, Cotati, CA
- Consulted with litigators, provided insight into the legal issues and potential defenses, and best approaches to effectively utilize the discovery process.
- Consulted with clients on the facts of the litigation, and provided insight on how the facts best match the clients’ legal strategies.
- Gathered required factual and legal documentation.
- Provided logistical support, coordination of witnesses, prepared notebooks, scripts, summaries and meeting notes, tracked data, and provided status updates.
- Prepared legal documents such as briefs, motions, memoranda, and discovery devices.
Legal Associate, May 2000 to July 2005
Mead & Associates, P.C., Cotati, CA
- Advised on a broad range of strategic and complex legal and business matters that often require expert legislative and regulatory analysis.
- Developed work plans for new engagements and managed existing client projects in accordance with established work plans.
- Created strong working relationships with clients.
- Recognized relevant legal issues raised in the context of clients’ projects.
- Worked effectively with internal team to help analyze legal risks, resolve issues and implement overall business strategy.
Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Lincoln Memorial University, Tennessee, TN