North Highlands CA 95660
Seeking reputable company in which to obtain the Machinist Apprentice position and use my knowledge in this field to further boost my career and to assist in the growth of company.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Basic understanding of blueprint and job order for product specifications
- Sound knowledge of measuring and set up devices, including dial calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, and other specialized tools
- Ability tointerpret sequence of operations, tolerances, and tooling instructions such as fixtures, feed rates, cutting speeds, and depth of cut
- Ability toutilize existing tooling and fixtures for machining work pieces
Tradesmen International Inc., Bronx, NY
August 2005 – Present
- Set up machines following written procedures, documents, and established practices using manual and CNC machining equipment.
- Designed, fabricated, and utilized the fixtures to machine the desired work piece.
- Operated the small cranes and fork-lifts to move equipment, parts, and material.
- Maintained clean and orderly work area.
- Performed the work following all applicable safety procedures and policies.
- Explained the various shapes of cutting tools.
Bayside Solutions, Bronx, NY
May 2000 – July 2005
- Selected the proper metal alloy.
- Calculated the proper speeds and feeds for different materials.
- Described the sequence of operations to complete a job.
- Discussed the hardening and tempering of steel.
- Setup and operated machine tools such as the lathe, grinder, milling machine, and drill press.
- Selected the proper speeds and feeds for cutting metal.
High School Diploma
Jackson High School, Jackson, GA