North Highlands CA 95660
Searching for Managing Editor position where my skills and special training can be used for the good of the company.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Vast experience in managing online publication
- Deep knowledge of web copywriting and preparing headlines
- Familiarity with web publishing and social media tools and technologies
- Ability to develop ideas and write stories
- Expertise in writing for email products
- Ability to supervise the day-to-day operations of the editorial department
- Ability to develop editorial calendars and press releases
- Ability to implement website editorial strategies
- Wide knowledge of InDesign, CMS (Content Management Systems) and social media
- Work Experience
- Managing Editor, July 2007 – Present
- Observer Media Group, Lexington, KY
- Supervised working of editorial staff, trained subordinates and freelancers in work.
- Coordinated with writers and editors and conceived stories ideas for blogs and other social media.
- Hired and trained team members on best writing practices for online content.
- Assisted production team in carrying a smooth flow of publication.
- Observed editorial processes and recommended changes to improve its efficiency.
- Developed editorial calendar and prepared department budget to be followed.
- Analyzed traffic on websites and its need, developed content according to results.
- Managing Editor, March 2004– June 2007
- North Jersey Media Group, Lexington, KY
- Managed a team of editors and web producers for ensuring smooth flow of work.
- Oversaw entire editorial process from creation of ideas to publishing of stories.
- Participated in weekly editorial meetings.
- Edited copies and prepared schedule for content launch.
- Wrote stories, reviewed and developed content as required.
- Monitored social media sites for organization.
- Coordinated with various teams and developed editorial style and standards.
- Maintained all stories and launched it on site.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, North Central College, Naperville, IL