North Highlands CA 95660
Seeking an opportunity to use my outstanding Manuscript Editor skills to help growing company build a positive reputation.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience with manuscript editing
- Profound knowledge of medical and scientific editing
- Huge knowledge of publishing processes, medical and scientific concepts and foreign languages
- Solid understanding of AMA style and medical terminology
- Familiarity with electronic editing
- Proficient with MS Office Applications – Word, Excel and MS Access
- Professional Experience
- Manuscript Editor, July 2007 – Present
- Massachusetts Medical Society, Syracuse, NY
- Proofed manuscripts and managed rewriting as required.
- Formulated format of figures and tables and coordinated with medical illustrators.
- Outlined interactive content according to style.
- Assisted authors and edited galleys and pages.
- Corresponded with deputy editors and executive editor as well as managed technical research.
- Coordinated in departmental meetings.
- Manuscript Editor, March 2004– June 2007
- Johns Hopkins University, Syracuse, NY
- Proofed scientific manuscripts and outlined format of figures and tables.
- Coordinated with medical illustrators and edited online-only content.
- Coordinated with authors and authorized the author’s proposed changes.
- Checked galleys and pages for style, consistency, clarity and grammar.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Saint Leo University, Saint Leo, FL