North Highlands CA 95660
Seeking a Medical Librarian position in a company where my skills and knowledge can be used and enhanced to the fullest.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Hands-on experience in medical library development, management and upkeep
- Immense knowledge of library collection development, cataloging, circulation, interlibrary loan
- Extensive knowledge of using PubMed, MS Access, integrated library system and internet
- Familiarity with medical terminology, clinical literature and serials management
- Ability to prepare and provide library instructional services and outreach programs
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with colleagues, patrons and medical community
South Shore Hospital
August 2012 – Present
- Selected, classified, arranged and maintained library information resources.
- Delegated work to assigned team of library personnel and supervised their work.
- Prepared and maintained current and correct records of the library’s materials and resources.
- Analyzed available collections and developed effective library collection-development policies.
- Prepared and delivered library instructional programs and training materials.
- Handled information requests from patrons and provided reference assistance too patrons.
Washington Hospital Center
May 2009 – July 2012
- Developed, managed and implemented medical library policies and procedures.
- Selected, procured and evaluated all medical publications and other library materials.
- Maintained library website and blogs, and provided library outreach programs.
- Prepared bibliographies and assisted with computerized information-research activities.
- Instructed and assisted medical personnel and patrons in using library and in locating reference materials.
- Recruited, trained and supervised subordinate library personnel, efficiently.
Bachelor’s Degree in Clinical Laboratory Science
Mineral Area College, Park Hills, MO