North Highlands CA 95660
Objective: Seeking the network engineer position where my 6 years of experience in networking and troubleshooting benefits the company.
Summary of Skills:
• Unique analytical problem-solving ability
• Solid knowledge of computer and network architecture and Microsoft Operating System
• A thorough understanding of the OSI network model, Ethernet, and TCP/IP networking
• Strong ability to work with all customers in a Network Engineering role
• Ability to solve technical support problems and work client through difficult processes
• Expertise in Windows XP, Windows NT, Novell Netware and Sun Solaris.
• Customer-focused, result-oriented and collaborative leader
• Excellent communication skills, including strong presentation and writing abilities
• Network Security/Monitoring Tools: RealSecure ISS Intrusion Detection System, Sniffer, Hp OpenView, Cisco Intrusion detector
• Application Software: MS BackOffice Server 4.5/4.3, MS Exchange Server 5.5/5.0/4.0, MS Proxy Server 2.0, IIS 5.0/4.0/3.0, MS SQL Server 6.5
Network Engineer, from 2007 to till date
Acxiom Cdc. Inc., Chicago
• Identified and corrected mistakes made by major clients.
• Successfully located and resolved problems for clients remotely without dispatching a technician.
• Troubleshot and maintained network equipment.
• Increased application security using WSD.
• Lead efforts to reduce overall circuits within facility.
Network Engineer, from 2005 to 2007
Affiliated Network Svc, Chicago
• Supported administration of servers and server clusters.
• Installed, supported and maintained new server hardware and software infrastructure.
• Created and managed the VLAN on the switches and VPN on Firewall.
• Designed and configured web server farms.
• Installed and upgraded software and hardware equipment.
• Created network and email accounts for new users.
BS in Computer Science, March 2005
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
Certifications and Honors:
• Checkpoint Certified Security Administrator
• Cisco Certified Network Associate
• Certificate in LAN Engineering
• Certificate in Windows 2000