North Highlands CA 95660
Seeking an exciting and challenging position as a Nursing Home Cook in a company where my skills and knowledge can be used to the fullest.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Substantial experience of cooking and delivery of food for nursing home residents
- In-depth knowledge of preparation of therapeutic food, specialty meals and modified diets
- Remarkable knowledge of food portion sizes, HACCP regulations and sanitation practices
- Familiarity with inventory management and documentation practices
- Ability to produce high quality food by following recipes correctly
- Ability to clean and maintain assigned workstation in a safe manner
Nursing Home Cook
Community Partners, Inc, Charlotte, NC
August 2012 – Present
- Prepared and cookedclient-specific meals as directed by dietitian.
- Handled and stored raw materials, cooked food and non-food supplies, properly.
- Ordered, restocked, and maintained inventories for kitchen supplies and equipments.
- Cleaned, sanitized, and organized kitchenarea, tools, and utensils.
- Controlled size of food portions and maintained quality of all food items.
- Interpreted and followed health department guidelines for food preparation and handling.
Nursing Home Cook
West Bloomfield Nursing Center, Charlotte, NC
May 2009 – July 2012
- Prepared and produced high quality tasty food in a timely manner.
- Ordered and maintained stock of kitchen suppliesand food materials, as needed.
- Prepared and maintained inventory records of food, supplies, and equipments.
- Removed trash and cleaned kitchen area to maintain hygienic conditions.
- Interpreted and followed all applicable HACCP regulatory requirements.
- Operated and maintained all kitchen appliances and tools, in a safe and proper manner.
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing Home Administration
Carlow University, Pittsburgh, PA