North Highlands CA 95660
Looking for an Offshore Welder position that will allow me to heighten my career in this field.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Wide experience in plate, pipe and structural welding in offshore and shipyard
- Profound knowledge of welding techniques
- Exceptional knowledge of metallurgy
- Proficient with metal stress fatigue methods
- Skilled in design and layout procedures
- Amazing ability to follow complex instructions from Supervisor
- Immense ability to interpret blueprints and welding symbols
- Outstanding ability to operate torches, forklifts and cranes safely
Rowan Companies, Inc, Los Angeles, CA
August 2007 – Present
- Performed maintenance, fabrication and high pressure welding effectively.
- Adhered to safety policies and participated in safety meetings.
- Selected materials and equipment required for welding.
- Positioned, clamped, and aligned metal pieces before welding.
- Carried out vertical, horizontal and overhead welding.
- Operated arc, gas-shielded arc, submerged arc and gas welding equipment.
- Dismantled and reassembled parts for repair purposes.
- Assembled metal parts by bolting and riveting.
Superior Energy Services, Inc, Los Angeles, CA
May 2004 – July 2007
- Assisted in determining labor and material costs for welding projects.
- Reviewed welding procedures and recommended improvements.
- Welded stacking assemblies, skids, stands and distribution frames.
- Completed projects as per approved specifications.
- Performed field operations and on-call services.
- Maintained the work environment clean and organized.
- Maintained professional demeanor when dealing with clients.
- Developed preventive maintenance and emergency procedures.
Bachelor’s Degree in Welding Engineering
Truman State University, Kirksville, MO