North Highlands CA 95660
Macon High School
High School Diploma, 2014
Grade Average: A
Volleyball â€“ State champions 2013
Basketball â€“ Regional champions 2013
Weightlifting â€“ Girls’ champion 2014
- Physical fitness
- Nutrition basics
- Certified in First Aid and CPR.
- Strong communication skills; able to motivate others with stories and pictures of personal achievements.
- Understands the demands of everyday life; willing to work with clients in order to schedule ample time for exercise.
- Proven motivator; willing to go to great lengths to keep clients on track and help them achieve their goals.
- Willing and able to travel when necessary.
- Outstanding personal fitness.
- Up-to-date on latest nutritional information.
- Can assist clients with nutritional requirements and diets; able to calculate calorie consumption and provide meal/snack recommendations.
- Able to assess a client’s capabilities and provide exercises and activities that fit those capabilities.
- Increase difficulty of activities at set intervals as clients’ fitness improves.
Mid-Level Professional Resume
A mid-level professional is someone who has a few years’ experience working as a physical trainer. At this point, you should be able to mention two different job experiences and your achievements, and you should also focus on any additional training or education you have received. In the physical trainer resume sample below, Adam Eubanks lists his main skills, such as his ability to motivate even the most difficult clients, before going on to describe his previous employment.
- Proven ability to work well with difficult clients who need an unusually high amount of motivation.
- Willing to work long and/or unusual hours in order to meet the needs of clients with time constraints.
- Can overcome objections from clients and motivate them to attempt unfamiliar activities.
- Able to assess the capabilities of clients and create programs that increase in difficulty over time.
- Strong communication skills; can help clients set goals and then work to achieve them.
- Capable of understanding when a client is truly overworked.
- Able to understand different medical conditions and the types of activities that should be avoided because of them.
- CPR certified.
- Letter of recommendation from two five-year clients.
- Success story for John Myers can be found at www.mystories.com/johnmyerstransforms
John M. Myers
Personal Trainer,1/2010 â€“ Present
- Upon meeting Mr. Myers, he was 100+ pounds overweight.
- Assisted him in setting a goal to lose 100 pounds within 12 months.
- Worked with client to create nutritional guidelines and discussed the difference between diets and lifestyle changes.
- Created a workout schedule that consisted of varied activities such as cardio and aerobics; also incorporated swimming, hiking, and cycling to prevent boredom.
- Motivate Mr. Myers to stick to his lifestyle changes; exercised along with Mr. Myers daily for the first three months.
- Keep records of progress to present to client to prove that goals are being met.
- Continue to work with client once per week to monitor progress and provide motivation.
- Mr. Myers has successfully lost 130 pounds and kept it off up until this point. He is now physically fit and healthy.
Physical Trainer, 1/2000 â€“ Present
- Carlie Jenkins is a mother of four who was not obese but wanted to tone up her thighs, abdomen, and upper arms.
- Assisted the client in creating an every-other-day workout routine that fit her busy schedule and worked her target areas.
- Regularly photographed client in order to provide motivation and proof that her efforts were paying off.
- Continues to work with the client in order to make changes to workout routines as needed in order to meet additional goals.
James Warner High School
High School Diploma, 2008
Streator Community College
Associate’s Degree in Nutrition, 2009
Experienced Professional Resume
Once you have been working as a personal trainer for between 7 and 10 years, you will be considered an experienced professional. At this stage of your career, it is important to focus on your capabilities and your advanced knowledge of the profession first, and then follow up with your past employment like Barbara Thomas has done in the personal trainer sample resume below.
Kalamazoo, MI 49001
- Sports conditioning
- Stretching and flexibility
- General health and fitness
- Sport-specific training
- Core training
- Strength training
- Healthy bodybuilding
- Post-rehabilitation training
- Injury recovery
- Balance training