North Highlands CA 95660
Seeking a Purchasing Associate position in a stable company where I can use my skills to benefit the company.
Admirable purchasing experience in manufacturing industry
Skilled in improving Procurement performance by utilizing and understanding best practice
Expert in examining operations, formulating policy, and developing new strategies and procedures
Ability to communicate effectively with suppliers and company cross-functional departments
Ability to assess contract compliance and improve participation
Computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel) and internet searching
Strong analytical, technical and problem solving skills
Outstanding communications skills, written and oral
Ability to work independently and attention to detail
Strong negotiations skills and ability to maintain supplier relationship
Purchasing Associate, August 2005 to till date
Planned Parenthood, Becker, MN
- Tracked, Reported and Resolution Management of Invoice Referrals (Hold -Outs & Match Exceptions).
- Assisted with the research and development of sourcing strategies.
- Assisted with Supplier Management, Performance initiatives and purchasing policy compliance (Sourcing Justifications).
- Supported the administrations of the Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives such as Supplier Diversity and Sustainability.
Purchasing Associate, May 2000 to July 2005
MC Appliance Corp, Becker, MN
- Followed-up with suppliers confirming scheduled delivery dates and lead time.
- Developed and maintained supplier relationship.
- Requested and negotiate quotes for products and services.
- Provided ERP training to new hires.
- Maintained purchasing and contracted metrics for optimal improvement.
- Reviewed and closed the open purchase orders on a monthly basis.
Associate Degree in Business, Southern Wesleyan University, South Carolina, SC