North Highlands CA 95660
Seeking work as a Safety Advisor at a dependable organization.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Exceptional experience in safety incident investigations
- Thorough knowledge of health and safety regulations in a variety of jurisdictions
- Proficient in MS Office Outlook, Excel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to lead diverse individuals on cross-company task group teams
Safety Advisor, August 2005 – Present
TransAlta Corporation, Phoenix, AZ
- Reviewed existing safety systems and recommended upgrades to senior executives.
- Identified plans to reduce hazards, hazard exposures and hazardous activities that pose significant risk to the organization.
- Ensured that safety policies, standards, and procedures are maintained.
- Developed and implemented an umbrella corporate H&S management system setting objectives for the entire organization.
- Provided expert advice on safety systems, trends, response actions, investigations.
- Provided strong mentoring, coaching and employee development support to field staff.
Safety Advisor, May 2000 – July 2005
Fluor Corporation, Phoenix, AZ
- Developed and implemented specific task focused HSE program.
- Provided advice and distributing material on legislative requirements, safety education, promotion and awareness.
- Ensured First Aid and Emergency Procedures are in place within the project.
- Conducted Induction sessions to new employees and casual workers.
- Provided information and topics for Pre-start and Toolbox Meetings.
- Conducted regular safety inspections and audits of the project.
Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Safety, Academy Of Art University, San Francisco, CA