North Highlands CA 95660
Seeking a Set Decorator position in an organization where I can apply my experience and efficiently contribute to the company’s growth.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Hands-on experience in set designing, decoration and maintenance activities
- Profound knowledge of film and theatre industry related set decoration trends
- Outstanding knowledge of all applicable Health and Safety laws and procedures
- Familiarity with performing basic painting jobs on materials
- to interact and work with all team members, in a helpful manner
- Ability to operate office computer, in a proper and efficient manner
After the Curtain Productions, Greensboro, NC
August 2012 – Present
- Set up and decorated realistic sets for all assigned motion pictures and television productions.
- Reviewed and followed the given script in order to determine decoration requirements.
- Selected, obtained, and arranged appropriate props, furniture, draperies, pictures, and lighting fixtures, as needed.
- Directed, coordinated, and monitored all activities of the decoration team.
- Checked all decorated sets and maintained their visual appeal, efficiently.
- Maintained proper placement of decorative items and ensured safety of performing actors and crew, on set.
Hovnanian Enterprises, Greensboro, NC
May 2009 – July 2012
- Designed and dressed sets for various productions on Soundstages and theatre.
- Painted set-scenery and performed touch up on different set props.
- Cleaned, tidied, organized, and stocked prop room, as required.
- Procured, protected, and maintained all assigned set props, furniture, and related decorative items.
- Interacted and liaised with Construction Designer in building and remodeling new sets.
- Interpreted and adhered to established quality standards in set decoration.
Bachelor’s Degree in Interior and Spatial Design
Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA