North Highlands CA 95660
Inspiring State Auditor seeking employment with challenging organization in which to enhance my experience in the field and to help company meet long-term goals.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of accounting principles and public auditing practices
- Good knowledge of the state administrations and the government’s financial policies
- Ability to utilize all major accounting software and standard office equipment
- Sound aptitude for mathematics and the ability to analyze and compare facts and figures
- Well organized and the ability to meet deadlines
- Good computer and interpersonal skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
State Auditor, August 2005 – Present
Department of Education, Aurora, IN
- Verified state’s financial records and audited public funds.
- Studied and analyzed the state’s accounting methods.
- Managed the state’s involvement with banks, creditors and other government agencies.
- Provided effective solutions to the government to cut costs and updated it with its financial situation and position.
- Promoted the state’s financial accountability and fiscal integrity.
- Ensured to stay open with finances and budget of the state.
State Auditor, May 2000 – July 2005
Sodexo, Aurora, IN
- Managed to create methods for effective and efficient use of public funds based on audit reports in coordination with the government and public.
- Performed auditing for state agencies, boards, commissions and court systems.
- Performed an average of about 20 audits on local governments throughout a year.
- Executed both performance and financial audits including reviews on management practices.
- Assisted the government in accounting procedures and examined bonds issued by public representatives.
- Ensured to maintain conformity with existing law, procedures and practices.
Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Edward Waters College, Jacksonville, FL