North Highlands CA 95660
Pursuing the opportunity to enhance my career by obtaining the position of Structural Steel Estimator with reputable company.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Proficient with FabTrol, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office products
- Good understanding of various types project drawings and specifications
- Ability to read structural and architectural drawings
- Ability to do take offs and do a detailed organized estimate of cost
- Ability to prepare quantity surveys and solicit bid invitations
- Ability to prepare project estimate, bid and schedule
- Ability to communicate clearly with multiple customers in a bid meeting environment
Structural Steel Estimator, August 2005 – Present
The Nelson Family of Companies, Denver, CO
- Reviewed all front end documents, instructions to bidders, etc.
- Performed takeoff of all materials.
- Gathered pricing for the materials and purchased items.
- Developed detailed scope letter of inclusions, exclusions and qualifications.
- Streamlined follow up phone calls on bids.
- Evaluated price change orders
Structural Steel Estimator, May 2000 – July 2005
USA Shade and Fabric Structures, Inc., Denver, CO
- Prepared cost estimates by analyzing bid documents and specifications.
- Assessed labor, material and equipment requirements.
- Interpretedblueprints, specification and related documents.
- Executed prepared estimate by compiling numerical and descriptive information.
- Trained staff on cost estimation.
- Developedpre bid contacts for information on projects.
High School Diploma, Bedford-North Lawrence High School, Bedford, IN