North Highlands CA 95660
To secure the position of Sustainability Coordinator that will allow me to utilize acquired skills and experience.
Sustainability Coordinator, August 2005 – Present
Dewberry, Athens, GA
- Coordinated and promoted the effectiveness of current sustainability initiatives and emerging efforts within the operations and service units.
- Collaborated with the Sustainability Director to support the development and implementation of a comprehensive long-term plan.
- Supervised sustainability initiatives across support operations and services and the development and implementation of annual sustainability planning priorities.
- Assisted University Services departments in integrating concepts of sustainability into their operations, policies, procedures, financial and decision making structures.
- Identified new programs, initiatives and opportunities for strengthening sustainability in campus operations.
Sustainability Coordinator, May 2000 – July 2005
University of Richmond, Athens, GA
- Worked with student groups to enhance student involvement in campus sustainability programs and initiatives.
- Organized and supported implementation of events and other educational opportunities on campus.
- Identified and adapted sustainability best practices from other universities, corporations and government.
- Prepared long and short-term strategic plans recommending policy needed to advance sustainability initiatives.
- Increased awareness of sustainability initiatives via various media.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Profound knowledge of sustainability concepts and best practices
- Uncommon ability to create and manage benchmarking processes
- Exceptional ability to complete projects on time and on budget and report on status and progress
- Immense ability to lead and facilitate change within a large, dynamic organization
- Proficient with office productivity software (MS Word, Excel), publishing, graphic design applications and database
- Profound ability to lead effective cross-functional teams and build consensus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (including public speaking skills)
- Proven leadership skills, strong analytic and strategic planning skills
- Ability to understand and synthesize diverse research and outreach initiatives
Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Saint Michael’s College, Vermont, VT