North Highlands CA 95660
Experienced Technical Editor seeking secure position in which to use my talents and skills to their fullest potential.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience in writing and proofing technical documents
- Proficient with Epic editor, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop, and Visio
- Good understanding of topic-based , structured technical documentation
- Deep knowledge of document and change control management
- Ability to research and document work processes
- Ability to edit documents, reports, and presentations
- Ability to learn advanced technology and tools
- Technical Editor, July 2007 – Present
- Northrop Grumman, Roanoke, TX
- Gathered and outlined information needed for formulation of technical publications.
- Proofed and outlined program status documents.
- Managed appropriate grammar and format and formulated CDRL deliveries.
- Maintained HW & SW user manuals and training material
- Drafted written text and corresponded layout
- Gathered and interpreted data and coordinated in formal evaluation of deliverable documents.
- Technical Editor, March 2004– June 2007
- Juniper Networks, Roanoke, TX
- Proofed complex technical product documentation.
- Aided project planning and scheduling.
- Coached writers and editors about proper grammar and punctuation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Writing, Tri-County Technical College, Pendleton, SC