North Highlands CA 95660
Using my past experience as a Travel Advisor to help you work within your organization to benefit everyone.
Travel Advisor, August 2005 – Present
Elderhostel, Inc., Murray, UT
- Sold domestic air, international contract air, internet air.
- Researched, tracked and managed data.
- Advised participant about traveling on the air schedule and program guidelines.
- Provided travel consultation and services.
- Supported team in queue management and quality review of passenger itineraries.
- Served as Emergency Duty Officer on a rotational basis.
Travel Advisor, May 2000 – July 2005
The Travel Network Corp, Murray, UT
- Interfaced with suppliers and clients, issued group airline tickets, handled reservations, sold upscale tours and cruises and handled individual travel arrangements and all phases of group travel.
- Determined travel dates and destination, mode of transportation, and finances and clarified travel preferences.
- Advised clients on local customs, points of interest, and special events.
- Handled and resolved client’s inquiries.
- Identified, booked, and confirmed route, and scheduled itinerary.
- Completed foreign travel requirements and provided needed information to obtain currency.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Huge experience working as Travel Advisor
- Sound knowledge of ticketing procedures for airline, hotel and car rental systems
- In-depth knowledge of the travel industry, fares and international markets
- Proficient with GDS, Apollo, Sabre and MS Office Suite
- Superior customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal, written, email, and phone communications skills
- Remarkable ability to learn and master travel applications quickly for frequent use
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Clark University, Worcester, MA