North Highlands CA 95660
To work as a Travel Specialist for the right company seeking dependable employees. Looking to use my past skills and experience in the specialist field in order to help the company advance.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience in travel agency sales and operations
- Superior knowledge of travel industry procedures, policies and applications
- Skilled in ordering to creating domestic and simple international reservations
- Familiarity with online booking tool technology administration
- Proficient in SABRE, MS Office, email applications, and Internet browsers
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Travel Specialist, May 2006 – Present
Booz Allen Hamilton, San Diego, CA
- Trained admin assistants one-on-one and end users in a formal classroom setting on specific travel related programs.
- Developed and prepared the course outlines, training aids, and classroom materials.
- Consulted with end users to assess problems making recommendations for changes to training.
- Served as the liaison with other offices, vendors and the DARPA technical staff.
- Processed the government travel orders.
- Reviewed the travel vouchers within the Defense Travel System (DTS).
Travel Specialist, March 2003 – April 2006
Travel Leaders Corporate, San Diego, CA
- Created supportive, mentoring environment to assist concierge peers in building their travel destination and product knowledge.
- Supported client objectives by promoting and utilizing client specific offers as part of their fulfillment.
- Worked with the traveler to resolve any travel voucher questions and errors.
- Faxed and mailed vouchers to customers and updated database to reflect status.
- Resolved unpaid and delinquent voucher issues.
- Prepared the Weekly Activity Report and Departure Report, for the Agency.
Bachelor’s Degree in Travel & Tourism, Swarthmore College, Swarthmore, PA