North Highlands CA 95660
Seeking employment as a Veterinary Nurse.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Outstanding veterinary nursing experience especially working with animals
- Huge knowledge of surgical procedures, maintaining sterility of instruments and hygienic environment
- Solid understanding of Veterinary Department standards
- Strong computer & IT skills
- Remarkable ability to carry out minor surgeries
- Outstanding ability to do the work independently
Veterinary Nurse, August 2005 – Present
West Chelsea Veterinary, Jersey City, NJ
- Conducted diagnostic tests and medical treatment under veterinary supervision.
- Monitored animals while the vet examines them and during treatment.
- Collected blood, urine and other samples and carried out in-house lab work.
- Performed sterilization of instruments and took x-rays.
- Conducted clinics for suture removal, post-operation checks and second vaccinations.
- Interpreted advice and information to owners about the care of their animals.
Veterinary Nurse, May 2000 – July 2005
Pueblo Area Pet Emergency Hospital, Jersey City, NJ
- Planned and assisted weekly surgical and medical activities requiring intervention from the Manager of Veterinary Services.
- Administered veterinary treatments provided to patients.
- Ensured maintenance and updation clinical records by veterinary staff according to established protocols.
- Conducted vaccination and de-worming for the animals with the Manager of Veterinary Services.
- Supervised storage and maintenance of pharmaceutical items, cleaning materials and disinfectants.
- Ensured cleanliness of clinical premises, hospital and quarantine wards and incineration facilities.
B.S in Health Sciences – Public Health, Siena Heights University, Adrian, MI